The Hall had always been in the ownership of Phoenix Lodge whose members, of course, financed and built it in 1785. With the Hall being a Grade 1 listed building, the Lodge members, whilst recognising the 17 importance of the need to firmly secure its future were limited in what they could themselves achieve. It was subsequently decided that the future of the Hall would be more secure if it was in the ownership of a company with specialist directors.
On 9th September 1997, therefore, the freehold interest of the Hall was transferred from Phoenix Lodge to the Queen Street Masonic Heritage Centre Ltd, a company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital. This is a private company with aims, amongst others, to restore the building and firmly secure its future as part of the local community.
The Company became a Registered Charity in June 1999.